If you are a woman living with HIV, Positive Life offers you peer support from another woman living with HIV, in a safe and friendly environment.
If you are a woman living with HIV and you want some support, please contact us to speak to a peer living with HIV by calling (02) 8357 8386 or 1800 245 677 (freecall) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We can support you:
- with your decision-making to disclose your HIV status safely in relationships
- to raise your health questions and concerns with your clinicians and get answers
- to increase your ability to overcome the effects of gender-based violence
- to make quality decisions about your health to keep you connected with your healthcare providers.
We have online and face-to-face groups. These include:
- The Women’s Room (aged under 45 years of Age) and For Women (aged over 45 years) online on alternate months
- The Women’s Space, a dedicated women’s page in the Talkabout magazine where you can to share your stories and get information related to women living with HIV
- Positive Life NSW recognises and celebrates the annual National Day of Women Living with HIV (NDWLHIV) on 9 March.
- Our face-to-face monthly Social Club for heterosexual men and women over a meal
For more details please check our events calendar.
We also work alongside other HIV service providers to ensure you get the best quality services as a woman living with HIV in NSW.
Click here to read blog posts related to women living with HIV
HIV & your Cervix
HPV & Anal Cancer
HIV & Disclosing to your Child
HIV & Weight
Click here to view more Positive Life Factsheets to support your health and wellbeing
Living Well – information about some of the key issues for WLHIV
Unravelling the Law – a guide for women living with HIV
Positive Women Victoria – support and advocacy for WLHIV
Femfatales – the National Network of Women living with HIV advisory group
Why women with HIV are persistently invisible – and how we can challenge it Theo Gordon, The Conversation, April 2018