Housing Support

The Positive Life NSW Housing Support program offers support and advocacy to all people living with HIV across the NSW metropolitan and regional areas to access, achieve and maintain stable accommodation, including those at risk of homelessness.

If you are living with HIV, we can support you to:

  • Find crisis or temporary accommodation
  • Complete a housing application
  • Apply for a transfer to another property
  • Address any maintenance and/or tenancy issues
  • Lodge a complaint and/or attend a tribunal hearing
  • Provide appropriate referrals

We work alongside peers living with HIV, to source and secure the best possible independent living and housing arrangements for all people living with HIV.  We also accept referrals from other people living with HIV, friends, family or via all allied health and housing sector staff.

We work with the alongside the following NSW HIV sector and mainstream agencies:

  • ACON
  • AOD, Mental Health, Aged Care and Hospitals
  • Affordable Housing Providers
  • Bobby Goldsmith Foundation (BGF)
  • Boarding House Services
  • Centrelink
  • Community Housing Providers
  • Crisis Accommodation Services
  • Family and Community Services (Housing NSW)
  • HIV/AIDS Legal Centre (HALC)
  • NSW Local Health District Sexual Health Clinics and HIV & Related Units, HIV Outreach Teams
  • NSW Multicultural HIV and Hepatitis Service (MHAHS)
  • Private Real Estates
  • Sex Workers Outreach Project (SWOP)
  • Share Accommodation Services
  • The Gender Centre
  • The NSW Tenancy Tribunal
  • Twenty 10

Click here to read our Housing and Accommodation-related blog posts

For more information or support, call the Positive Life NSW Housing Support Officer on (02) 8357 8386, 1800 245 677 (freecall) or email contact@positivelife.org.au

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Support
housing support for people living with HIV
Ageing Support
Treatments and Managing your HIV