a[STARTx] (previously known as Genesis) is a weekend workshop for gay men who have been diagnosed with HIV within the last two years. It’s a peer-based workshop which means it’s run by other gay men who are also living with HIV, and who can relate to the experience of a new diagnosis.
a[STARTx] is a partnership between
Positive Life NSW and ACON
a[STARTx] aims to help you make sense of the range of issues confronting you after diagnosis. It can provide you with practical help and knowledge to manage your HIV diagnosis, gain confidence, build resilience and make informed decisions around the various issues that can confront you after a HIV diagnosis. It also provides you with an opportunity to meet other guys in a similar situation as yourself. This happens in a totally safe, confidential and supportive environment.
a[STARTx] gives you the opportunity to:
- Explore HIV and its impact on your life expectations
- Understand how HIV and your immune system work
- Get an overview of current and future treatments
- Understand HIV and its impact on your health, sex life and relationships
- Work out who to tell about your status and when to tell them
- Plan for the future
- Access services in the community
- Currently on hold due to COVID-19
For more information, call the Positive Life Treatments Officer on (02) 9206-2177, 1800 245 677 (freecall outside metropolitan) or email email@example.com