Since 2015, all people living with HIV in NSW who are eligible for an Australian Medicare Card or if their country is listed within the Reciprocal Health Care Agreements with the Australian Government, can get our HIV medication free-of-charge.
- Click here to check which countries have Reciprocal Health Care Agreements for visitors to Australia (external link)
We can also take our prescription to any local chemist or pharmacy in NSW, and pick up our medication like any other medicine. Depending on the pharmacy, it may take them 24 to 48 hours to order in the medication, in which case you’ll need to return to pick up your medication. If you have a Medicare Card, this will be completely free.
- Click here to view our HIV-friendly chemist or pharmacy in NSW (google map)
If you are ineligible for Medicare or do not have a Medicare card and need HIV medication, please call Positive Life for safe, free and confidential information and support. (02) 8357 8386 or 1800 245 677 (freecall), or email email@example.com
NSW Sexual Health Clinics are free, confidential and anonymous for anyone, including International Students without a Medicare card, to get free testing, treatment and management of sexually transmissible infections (STIs), including HIV. They also offer free sexual health information and advice, such as contraception, other sexual health concerns, and vaccination for hepatitis A and hepatitis B for people at high risk.
- Find your local NSW Sexual Health Clinic or call Positive Life on (02) 8357 8386 or 1800 245 677 (freecall), or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- HIV co-payment waiver
- International Students Hub
- If you have received an STI diagnosis (including HIV) and want support telling a partner, call Positive Life on (02) 8357 8386 or 1800 245 677 (freecall), or email email@example.com