Our commitment

Any person that uses the services of Positive Life NSW has the right to make a complaint about any part of the service provided to you by Positive Life.

If you have a complaint, this is a guide to help you.

What to do first?

  • If you feel comfortable doing so talk to the staff person concerned.
  • If you do not feel comfortable doing this then you can contact the Chief Executive Officer via telephone on 02 8357 8386 or free call 1800 245 677 and a meeting can be arranged to discuss the issue, or you can put the complaint in writing

What if the issue is not resolved?

  • If the issue is not resolved then a formal written complaint should be lodged and forwarded to the President and/or the Chief Executive Officer. In the written complaint try to outline the nature of your complaint and how you would like the issue resolved and include your signature
  • The President and/or the Chief Executive Officer will respond to the complaint in writing within 7 to 10 working days. The written response will outline the nature/content of the complaint and how the complaint is to be resolved by Positive Life
  • If the complaint is in regards to a privacy concern/enquiry then a privacy enquiry form should be completed and forwarded to the Positive Life NSW Administration Officer. Privacy enquiries will be responded to within 15 working days. The privacy enquiry form can be downloaded at the bottom of this page or you can contact us and it will be posted to you.

Can I have someone to help me?

Yes, you do have the right to have someone assist you during the complaints process. This can be a friend or support person. This person can also help you to put your comments in writing and attend any meetings with you.

If an interpreter is needed then Positive Life NSW will assist you to access the services of an interpreter free of charge.

What happens after my complaint is dealt with?

  • The Chief Executive Officer will record and log all complaints within the Consumer Complaints Register, which is stored in a locked filing cabinet, and all information will remain confidential to those involved in the complaints process.
  • If you are still dissatisfied with the outcome then you could contact the NSW Community Services Commission (tel: 1800 060 409).
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Support
housing support for people living with HIV
Ageing Support
Treatments and Managing your HIV